Lately Kirk has really gotten into study mode for his upcoming SE test on October 24th. He works late, goes to seminars on weekends, studies in the office doing practice problems...the man is a smarty pants. Even though my time with him has changed and will remain somewhat segmented for the next few months, it does give me an opportunity to spend more time doing things with my girlfriends. I mean, my time would be much better spent going to dinner and a movie with a friend than trying to make sure the volume on the tv while I secretly watch Toddlers & Tiaras in the bedroom is low enough so it won't disturb his studying. And my time would be better spent babysitting little Isaac Bower on Saturday night than constantly interrupting Kirk while he is studying - offering to get him something to drink or eat, or if he needs anything while I am up only to realize after a while that each time I interrupt him to be nice, it gets his brain out of super hard math mode, not to mention he never says yes to any of my offers to bring him things.
So last night after work, instead of rushing home only to sit alone being quiet, Erin and I went out to eat at CPK and then went to see 500 Days of Summer. The movie is SO GOOD! I highly recommend it. I have not seen anything like it in a long time.

It it the perfect combo of joy and darkness mixed with love, heartache, laughs and sarcasm. Two Thumbs up from me and totally a movie that I will add to my DVD collections in the future.
So...anyone want to make plans with me from now until October to have some super fun times and to keep me out of Kirk's study space?
8 comments:
We've got a nice guest bedroom...and three lovely children who would LOVE to see you! :) And I would, too!!! :) How about a twin or cul-de-sac weekend out to Indy??? :) heeheehee
I am in... David does not have any more vacation this year, but we could look into a twin weekend trip to Indy. I will look into flights.
That sounds super fun Lol! Nothing better than a twin or twin plus Sarah weekend vacation to see the Caruanas. Septmeber sounds like a good month!!!
Oh ladies... so sweet to include me... but the three of us leaving at the same time? I think Rosales Circle might implode if that happens. No, no, the twinners should go. I'll stay here and make sure the men folk are fed and the cul-de-sac continues to thrive. (Let it be made known, however, should a certain someone (mark) come to me with ticket in hand and tell me to go, I will not refuse by any means.)
You ladies are hillarious. Julie, we would be honored to take a Saturday or Sunday of your time. Kirk will be missed, but we are so excited for him to do well on his test.
Toddlers and Tiaras??!! that's as bad as watching Girls Next Door. that's what those little girls will turn into?
I would like to at least do a girls night or something like that...let's go to the movies? I want to see that cooking movie.
Ok, what is it that I am missing with that movie? I must be old...
sorry i got so behind on reading your blog. saw this movie with Troy 2 days ago and LOVED IT! i mean really LOVED IT! super cute blog idea jules -- i would love to have a couple days :) we still need to plan the photo taking/wandering day and i love Mariahs girls day idea. alllllll about it!
ps. i CANT believe you watch T & T's. i am judging you ;)
Post a Comment