Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Who Knows Where Thoughts Come From...They Just Appear

Future Venture? I had a dream that I opened up a super casual deli type restaurant named Po' Joes. We served only Po Boy Sandwiches and Sloppy Joes - along with the fixin's. I think I may have something here people.

Although the rain makes my already hellish commute even more ridiculous...the one thing it does bring is Rainbow Commutes & puddles in Egypt (our parking lot) that reflect really pretty sunsets.

Corn...It's Magical! Seriously people...it IS! Think about it. Something that you eat, chew, goes through your body and comes on out looking exactly the same...that's Magic!

O'Rielly has LONG arms...do cats have arms? O'Rielly has LONG appendages...nope, that sounds weird too. O'Rielly likes to dangle his LONG limbs off the couch.

Holding your cell phone while it's on speaker away from your face is not "hands free"...yet I see SO many people doing it. If you are going to break the Cali law then just do it...hold that phone up to your ear. Go Big People! Or do what I do, put your cell phone on speaker and prop it up in your lap while yelling into it! The person on the other end will LOVE it.

There is something truly amazing about DINER FOOD. Over the weekend we went down to San Diego to hang with Daniel, Darrin, Troy and Barbara...we ate a TON. The pics below are from lunch on Sunday at this awesome diner. That homemade mac 'n' cheese was delicious! So delicious that both Twin & Darrin got 2 orders as their sides.


I have found over the years at work...that in the beginning, being a "Yes Person" is a great thing...then eventually it means that I get taken advantage of at times. Then when I say No...it's like "what's the matter with Julie?"

Is it necessary to sell individual color M&M's? I understand separating and selling candy that the different colors actually taste different...but M&M's? This crazy display was at the candy store in SD.


This is the largest leaf I have ever seen. I made Daniel get next to it to show the perspective of large it was...then Daniel asked me why I was so shocked at it's size. I said "because it is a HUGE leaf." To which he responded, "It's not a leaf, it's a palm." I have seen much bigger palms than this one!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Um... I love the PoJoe's idea! And before I forget... "I thought his name was Warren?"
Corn is Magical... your cat is strange (in a good way)... Very cool parking lot picture... Twinner, I do the same thing with my cell phone, but I don't have to yell, my voice is already loud enough... Oh that Diner food was soooo good, I had the leftover Mac and Cheese for lunch the next day, and it was just as good!
"What's with today... today"
"Hey... you forgot your thingey..."
"I could close..."
"Oh Rexy, you're so sexy."
Ok... I will stop, but you know I could go on forever.

Jessica said...

I would probably eat at your Po' Joes every day. I love sandwiches and I love to make them...I could be an employee.

I agree with Wendy that parking lot picture was amazing.

corn is strange...I've noticed that raisins do the same thing. For Owen anyways.

That picture of your cat is unreal and I think it's hillarious that he lets his arms hang off of the couch.

I hate speaker phone and hold it up to my ear...I have had to drop the phone a few times as I see an officer approaching. The only time I have to talk on the phone is during my commute and if I'm only going 15 miles per hour I don't see the harm in it.

I want to eat whatever is in that picture...It looks delicious. I don't care that it's only 8:30 in the morning...I want it now!

Wendy said...

Jessica... it was called the
Turk 185- it was an open faced english muffin, smothered in avocado with sliced turkey covered with melted provalone cheese, sprinkled with bacon and a dollop of sour cream. AWESOME

Noblekain said...

I believe it was ME who said, "That's not a huge leaf, it's a palm" - Just so you know.

Jessica said...

Just add a few red onions to that English Muffin masterpiece and I would be in heaven!

Julie...When do we open Po' Joes? I will work at the SCV store.

Anonymous said...

you are my very silly friend!
the m and ms are separated in case someone wants to buy them for a special occasion...i.e. graduation from your school (the red and black ones), valentines day (the red and pink) christmas (red and green) and so on and so on and so on......i guess it saves people time. like remember when justy head gave me a box with all the red mike and ikes? it would have saved him alot of time and not wasted all the other colors if he would have found the color sorted mike and ike store. wow. random blast from the past cerca 11 years ago. ha!
care
oh and your cat. thats just creepy.

sfitz said...

This is awesome! Love it all...

and Jess, when PoJoe's opens there will be no talk of a "SCV" store for you to work at... the goal is to get you to move HERE. Let's not lose sight of the goal.

Hippo Brigade said...

There is so much about this post that is radical.
The quote from Empire Records, your cat's long arms, and the magical properties of corn, all totally awesome. Thanks Julie.