Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Doppelganger...

Last week me and a group of friends met up for some FreePK and somehow got on the topic of famous people who others have told us we look like. The conversation invoked statements like:

  • "What the heck is a doppelganger?" To which Kirk told us the translation from German (and right now for the life of me aside from "double" something I can't recall his answer)
  • "Oh yeahhh...you DO look like" so and so...
  • "I have no clue who that is?"
  • "Don't you watch tv?"
  • "I do NOT look like Kate Blanchett!"
  • "Wait...you've seen A Walk To Remember?..."Yes"..."Man card please" (holding hand out)..."It's in my wife's purse."

Anyway, I put together a few of the decisions we made that night in a little side by side photo comparison. (NOTE: very hard to find pics that matched in terms of smiling/not smiling, fancy/not fancy, high res/low res - so bare with me).

Kim Raver (currently on Grey's Anatomy) & Me Evangeline Lilly (currently on LOST) & Carrie
Edward "Fight Club" Norton & The Husbro
Ryan Gosling & Jason
Shane West (Most recently on ER) & David
Sophie Marceau (from Braveheart) & Wendy
Rosario Dawson & Nessa
Chelsea Handler & Kellie
Val Vilmer (pre-fatty) & Justin

I must admit that at the time some of these totally seemed on the money...and personally I can say that at least 10 times different people have told me I look like Kim Raver. But from this actual side by side experiment above, all I can say now is that I think we were all high while having this conversation.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! First of all its a dopplebopple :) Carrie spent a lot of time trying to figure out one for me but i just don't look like a movie star and i definitely don't look like kate blanchett. People have told me that I look like Elizabeth Mitchell... What a silly conversation. I have a blog in waiting with pictures from the night that I'll post later tonight.

sfitz said...

Are Ryan and Jason twins, separated at birth?

Kellie Davenport said...

you left me out :( i need you to post it so i can actually see for myself. what's her name again chelsea landley or something and NO I DONT WATCH TV OR SEE MOVIES :) by the way this blog post is AWESOME!! loved it!

Jessica said...

This was a great post...I see similarities in all but mostly Jason and Ryan. Mariah...I am on a mission to find a dopplebopple for you and a client just told me last week that I looked like Annette O'Toole 1960's era...no clue...I'm going to Google her as soon as I finish this comment. All in all I wish this conversation was recorded because I'm sure it was as entertaining as ever.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha that is great! you gotta put kellie and chelsea lately up there....oh and justin cherry and val kilmer on top gun.....and wendy and the girl that mel gibson is in love with on braveheart, and i still very much disagree with evangeline for me....haha we look NOTHING alike. except maybe some curls..which are completely different colors.
but that girl does look like you julie!
ha that was fun!

Julie Snell said...

So...by request I added the 4 of the missing dopplebopples from the night. :)

Erin Murphy said...

Wendy's Doppelganger is Kat Dennings!!!! The Ryan and Jason comparison is CRAZY!!

Wendy said...

Twinner... Great post. But for real, you need to start listening to the Husbro when he speaks :) It means, Double Take :)
I need to google this Kat Dennings person.