Sunday, January 15, 2012

My First Time: Golf...Well, Driving

I am not a resolution kind of gal, never have been. But lately I have been thinking about wanting to try new things...at least once, or maybe more if I like it. My 1st first of this year was golf. I went to the driving range with my Uncle Martin and David. I have never hit a golf ball. I mean, I have been miniature golfing but put-put is nothing like actually swinging a golf club. I used muscles in my arms that I had no idea existed. I of course took about 4 big whiffs through the air with the club before actually making contact with the ball. Uncle Martin had to keep telling me:
 - Keep your head down
 - Keep your left arm straight 
 - Stop trying to kill the ball

I ended up hitting some pretty good balls by the bottom of my bucket. From the pic below, the red Julie is letting y'all know how far I hit some of my best balls. Check out Uncle Martin's form :)

Uncle Mart told David he looks like a natural - show off!
The goal is to hit up the driving range a few more time for practice - but I will need to invest in gloves because after just one time my hands were wanting to explode with indian burn like blisters. Uncle Mart would like to go hit up a 9 hole course with us soon, but I told him that unless I practice AND get better, those 9 holes will take 9 hours. To which he replied, "Jules baby, if you are taking too long on a hole you can just pick that ball right up and walk it to the next hole. We're too old to become pros, so we are just out here to have fun!"

God I love this man!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I love this blog... new things like this are fun when you are doing it with friends and or family. Karis and I missed out :)
I love Uncle Martin's shirt! Super cute pictures too!

Candie said...

adorable! i love your Uncle Martin's golf rules :)

Anonymous said...

So fun to try something new!! Sounds like a great way to get out some stress!