Thursday, February 4, 2010

Am I Missing Something?

First off...I guess this is one of those times when I am glad that the husbro does not read my blog. Although I am sure he would LOVE this little creation I made, maybe it's better if it stays between you and me.

What is it with men reading in the bathroom...while on the toilet? Is this something that is instilled in them as children. Is it a potty training method they carry with them through the years?

I used to have this vision of my future husband and me going to the park and spreading out a blanket for us to sit on and each read our own books or read together. Well, I did not marry a man who reads. The husbro pretty much hates reading books. When he does read, his reading list consists of the following:
- Surfer Magazine
- 'Scoot' Magazine
- Motorcycle Racing Magazines
- Sears Catalogue (Tool Section)

I would say that 90% of the reading he does of the items above happens in the bathroom. I don't know if this phenomenon is restricted to the male gene? Ladies...do you read on the pot? I know I have been to friends and families houses and seen books/magazines on the bathroom counter or the back of the toilet, but I have never picked one up to peruse while taking care of business. I guess that is what I am getting at. When I am in the bathroom, it is to go to the bathroom...then I'm done...outta there.

People??? Am I the odd gal out here? Is there something amazing and relaxing that I am missing out on?

Maybe next time he gets off the couch, picks up the latest issue of Scoot magazine and heads to the bathroom I should follow him in there with a cozy blanket and my favorite book.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Please do not follow him into the potty to enjoy his relaxing time with him... please!
I think it is a guy thing. Not sure why? Boys are weird! I dont get it mostly because using the toilet as a seat for 20 minutes sounds horrible! Go figure!

Anonymous said...

I don't get it either! I have asked tim "how do you sit in there for so long!!" I'm in and out no need to catch up on my reading while in the bathroom. I know a FEW girls that do it but I might agree that it's something instilled at potty training time. I love the picture of "Husbro" that's so funny. Great thoughts Hools I love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

hahaha that picture is killing me!!
julie please please please follow him in with a book and blanket. just to see what he would say....so funny. you could cuddle yourself up in the tub!! :)
hmm cant say that i do alot of pot reading either....but i do read in the tub. now thats a good time..minus the slightly damp pages. you have to really master that one. it takes time.
carrie

Julie Snell said...

I originally was just going to post the picture of the adorable little boy reading a little duck book. But then I decided to spice it up with Kirk's face and changing the cover to a kid surf magazine.

Joanna Reynolds said...

I don't get it either. Definitely a guy thing. I have a theory about this. I think that since guys don't have to sit down every time to do their business, that when they do get to it's a treat. For women however there are no changes to our potty routine so we get in get out and that is that. It is really funny because Connor is even showing signs of liking to sit there for a little bit. He doesn't read yet, but he asks Brady to go in there with him and they talk...it is really funny.

Anonymous said...

just so you know, i like to come look at your blog and look at the picture of the hub on the pot and laugh...just so you know.
care